Forget banana bread, these Cinnamon-Sugar Banana Muffins recipe are the perfect mid point between banana bread and doughnut & will change your breakfasts forever! They make much better use of your old, manky bananas that are turning brown.
- 135g granulated sugar
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small overripe bananas (mash them up)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 235g self raising flour (you can substitute for plain flour & 1 tsp of baking powder dependent on what you have)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Knob of butter
- Spray a 12 hole cupcake tin with cooking spray or rub it with butter.
- Make sure all sides and corners are coated well to prevent the muffins from getting stuck.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Use a whisk to mix the sugar, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until all the above ingredients just mentioned are combined.
- Mash the overripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth in a mixing bowl.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Whisk once more until the mashed bananas and vanilla extract is just combined.
- Spoon into your muffin tin & bake for 20 – 22 mins or until they turn into a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a cooling tray for a few minutes.
- Insert a tester into the center of each muffin and check if the tester comes out clean.
- In one bowl, melt the butter.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon & sugar well.
- Dip each muffin into the melted butter and then the sugar mix.
Send download link to:
Try out this banana recipe and let us know how it went by tagging us!
@lastminuteitinerary | #lastminuteitinerary