This lasagna is a go-to lasagna recipe. You will never feel more confident making a meat sauce from scratch until you make this. Everyone will love it and they all go back for more! Throw together a tossed salad and you’re good to go! Very easy, very tasteful and one word, KEEPER!
- 900g ground beef
- 450g breakfast sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 800g diced tomatoes
- 170g tomato paste
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 280g lasagna noodles
- 450g mozzarella
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs beaten
FOR THE MEAT SAUCE:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the beef, sausage and garlic until brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Add the tomatoes (with their juice), tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and some pepper and stir together well.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
FOR THE LASAGNA NOODLES:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain the noodles and lay them flat on a piece of aluminium foil to keep their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- Finely chop the basil and parsley.
- Add half of the herbs to the meat mixture and stir together.
- In a medium bowl, combine the other half of the herbs, the cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan and the eggs, and stir together well.
- Now let’s assemble the lasagna!
- Begin by laying 4 lasagna noodles in the bottom of a deep rectangular baking pan.
- Slightly overlap the noodles.
- Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Spread to distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle half the mozzarella on top of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Spoon the meat mixture on top of the mozzarella and spread evenly.
- Be careful not to disrupt the layers below.
- Repeat the process
- Beginning with a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by the cottage cheese mixture, followed by the mozzarella and ending with a thick layer of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan over the top.
- Bake the lasagna for 35-45 minutes or until the lasagna is hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool before cutting it into squares.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!
PS: You can make a vegetarian version of this too !
Send download link to:
Recipe and images contributed by Kristine from Cookinwithtin Check out more of her delicious recipes here!
Let us know how it went by tagging us!
@lastminuteitinerary | #lastminuteitinerary