This Honey BBQ Chicken is so great for family barbecues and the homemade honey BBQ sauce is amazing! This homemade Honey BBQ sauce is sweet and tangy and just delicious. It is sure to be a hit at your next barbecue. There is something about making your own sauce that makes your food taste so much better! Full of FLAVOR and a great recipe to jazz up a grilled BBQ chicken. Pair this very tasty and easy meal with asparagus or any other vegetable.
- 6 chicken thighs
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of grinded garlic
- 3/4 of cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 tbsp of Worcetershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- In a medium saucepan (medium – high heat), warm the vegetable oil and add the garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce in a small bowl for basting.
- Baste generously with the small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 190°Celsius.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken thigh with paper towels.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce into a big oven proof bowl.
- Evenly coat the chicken with the sauce on both sides.
- Bake for around 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the over.
- Serve your Honey BBQ Chicken & Enjoy!
PS: You can add pineapples too! If you have extra sauce remaining, you can have it with mashed potatoes on the side!
Send download link to:
Recipe and images contributed by Kristine from Cookinwithtin Check out more of her delicious recipes here!
Let us know how it went by tagging us!
@lastminuteitinerary | #lastminuteitinerary